Septic Care Workshops

Did you know that a failing septic system can require expensive repairs, pose a serious health risk to your family and neighbors, and have negative impacts on water quality?

Bluegrass Greensource is offering a series of free workshops to provide education on:
  • Local watersheds and water quality
  • How to properly care for septic systems
  • How to identify problems with septic systems

Upcoming workshops:

Registration is encouraged but not required. If you have additional questions, please contact Lindsie Nicholas: or (859) 266-1572 

Workshop participants are eligible to apply for funding assistance including:
  • A cost-share grant for septic system repairs or installation
  • A free septic tank pump-out
Each cost-share grant will pay 80% of the repair or installation cost, while the homeowner is responsible for the remaining 20%.

Nicholas County Workshop

April 9th, 2018
6:00 – 7:30 PM  

Nicholas County Health Department
2320 Concrete Rd
Carlisle, KY 40311

Questions? Contact the health department:

Gene Thomas
(859) 229-8207

Kristy Morris
(859) 473-0628

Montgomery County Workshop

April 12th, 2018
6:00 – 7:30 PM  

Montgomery County Health Department
108 E Locust St
Mount Sterling, KY 40353

Questions? Contact the health department:

Buddy Wilson
(859) 497-2427

Bourbon County Workshop

April 17th, 2018
6:00 – 7:30 PM  

Millersburg Civic Center
1113 Main Street
Millersburg, KY 40348

Questions? Contact the health department:

Bill Caldwell
(859) 987-1915, EXT 4108

Drew Beckett
(859) 987-1915

Boyle County Workshop

Boyle County Earth Day Festival

April 21st, 2018
Session 1: 12:00 – 12:30 PM
Session 2: 1:30 – 2:00 PM

These are mini sessions on septic system maintenance offered during the Earth Day Festival.

BCTC Danville Campus
59 Corporate DR
Danville, KY 40422

Questions? Contact the health department:

Dan Troutman
(859) 236-2053

Lincoln County Workshop

April 24th, 2018
6:00 – 7:30 PM  

Lincoln County Public Library
201 Lancaster ST
Stanford, KY 40484


Questions? Contact the health department:

Randall Carrier
(606) 365-3106

This program, funded by a grant from the US Environmental Protection Agency through Kentucky Division of Water, focuses on water quality improvements in the Hinkston Creek, Clarks Run and Hanging Fork watersheds. To be eligible for grants, homeowners must reside within the Hinkston Creek watershed in Bourbon, Nicholas, or Montgomery County or within the Clark Run or Hanging Fork watersheds in Boyle or Lincoln County.