This spring, our environmental educators continue to adapt to current educational needs. We are eager to meet with teachers and students virtually! Read on to learn about our programs and how we can work with you.
- LFUCG Environmental Education: Our virtual program offers K – 12 classrooms in Fayette County the opportunity to take a “field trip” and learn about Waste Management or Water Quality within our city. Contact Pattie: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule lessons and a field trip with us!
- Junior Nature Explorers: Preschool classrooms in our service region can join us to discover some of the unique animals, plants, and ecosystems around us! Our next teacher workshop is February 6, 2021 via Zoom. Contact Rachel: email@example.com to learn more!
- Division of Water: Bluegrass Greensource will continue to be a resource in classrooms in Clark Runs, Hanging Fork, and Hinkston Creek watersheds. We will engage students virtually through online videos, google classroom activities, and zoom. Objectives include educating students about septic systems, riparian zones, and watersheds, and how to improve water quality in Central Kentucky. For classrooms in Bourbon, Montgomery, and Nicholas Counties, contact Kara: firstname.lastname@example.org. For classrooms in Lincoln, Boyle, and Garrard Counties, contact Lindsie: email@example.com.
- Toyota Energy Education: Students in Central Kentucky learn about renewable and nonrenewable energy resources in this unit of energy education. Contact Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preschool Energy Curriculum: Alongside experienced preschool teachers, Bluegrass Greensource has developed an energy curriculum for preschoolers which is currently being piloted in classrooms. For more information, contact Elaine at email@example.com.
- Junior Green Living Labs: Preschools students and their guardians will discover and explore all things energy during these labs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity.
- Dupree Nature Preserve: Take a virtual hike through The Nature Conservancy’s preserves located along the Kentucky River. Learn about settlement in the area, common Kentucky animals and plants. Contact Pattie: email@example.com.
- Stormwater Education: This unit on stormwater, runoff, and water quality is available to 4th and 5th grade students in Scott County. The unit will culminate with a Service Learning Event determined by student interest. For more information contact Pattie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Litter Program in Scott County: Let’s Learn About Litter with Ms. Deb! Ms. Deb is reading books about litter in this collection of videos. This video series is for primary students. Contact Pattie: email@example.com to schedule.