Septic System Grants


Septic System Woes?

Did you know that a failing septic system can require expensive repairs, pose a serious health risk to your family and neighbors, and have negative impacts on water quality?  Bluegrass Greensource awarded five Garrard County homeowners cost-share grants to repair or install septic systems at their homes.  Each grant will pay 80% of the repair or installation cost, while the homeowner is responsible for the remaining 20%. 

To be eligible for the grants, homeowners must reside within the Dix River watershed in Boyle, Garrard, or Lincoln Counties and must attend a one-hour workshop about septic system care and maintenance.  Following the workshop, participants can apply for a cost-share grant for system repairs or installation, or for a free septic tank pump out (a regular maintenance task that is recommended every 3 to 5 years).

The next free septic system workshop will be held on Tuesday, March 4th from 6:00 to 7:00 PM at the Junction City Community Center (724 W. Shelby Street).  Please contact Sandy Bottoms at or (859) 266-1572 to register!

Bluegrass Greensource will offer a series of free septic workshops over the next two years, as well as a series of watershed awareness festivals in local communities and water-related activities in area K-12 classrooms.  These activities are part of a grant program funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency under section 319(h) of the Clean Water Act through the Kentucky Division of Water. 




Leave a Reply