Don’t Waste That Turkey!
Turkey Stock out of Turkey Carcass
- Leftover turkey carcass, meat, and bones
- 1 Tbl. Parsley (dried)
- 1 Tbl. Onion Flakes
- 1 Tbl. Celery Salt
- 1 Tbl. Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Sage
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed just to release flavor)
- Place Carcass in stock pot and fill with cold water, about 1 inch above bones.
- Add spices: Parsley, Onion flakes, celery salt, pepper, sage, and garlic cloves.
- Bring pot to simmer and allow it to simmer for 4 + hours. Cover and Stir occasionally.
- Use utensil to remove bones and throw away.
- Strain using a mesh strainer to pull out excess fat, spices, etc.
- Put in a container and use within a week or freeze in small portions!
*This turkey stock is great as your favorite soup base or gravy.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Bites
- Left over Stuffing (or dressing)
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
- Spoon stuffing and roll into individual balls.
- Take individual stuffing bites and wrap a ½ piece of bacon around the base of each.
- Secure bacon wrap with tooth pick.
- Place the bacon wrapped stuffing bites on a baking sheet and put it in preheated oven. Bake until bacon is crispy. (about 10-12 minutes).
- Transfer to serving platter and enjoy!